Job Opening. Linux Specialist- Systems Admin
Ability to work within Indianapolis’s most young and aggressively growing company.
- Winner of Techpoint’s 2016 Mira Award for Company Culture of the Year
- Recognized as an Indiana Best Place to Work in 2016
- USA Today’s Great Place to Work certified in 2016
MOBI Wireless Management is currently seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced Linux Specialist- Systems Administrator to complement our growing Infrastructure Team.
- Linux Based Software
- Ruby 2, Rails 4, Postgres 9.3, Redis, Resque, MySQL 5.6, Coldfusion 9 & 11, nginx-modsecurity, PHP-5.3
- & 5.4, PHP-fpm, Python 2, Apache 2.2
- 64 unicorns (which we refer to as a herd, or “miracle”, of unicorns) for our largest application
- Load-balanced server architecture with redundant application, background job, DB and fileshare servers
- A number of monitoring tools – Nagios, Splunk, Airbrake, NewRelic, etc
- RHEL/CentOS-based server infrastructureAbility to work independently as well as in a team environment including multi-level staff and external partners.
- Strong Microsoft Office, written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of virtualization technology
- Experience with web servers: nginx, Apache
- Experience with the following languages: BASH, Python, Perl
- Experience with an RDBMS such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in a large, highly available environment
- Experience with monitoring applications such as Cacti & Nagios
- Experience working with firewalls and IDS (iptables, fail2ban)
- Knowledge of OSI model, TCP/IP model (aka Internet protocol suite)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems and Common Application Layer protocols
- Bonus Points: Experience with SELinux; A+, Network+, Linux+ or RHCSA certification
- Design and maintain MOBI’s growing infrastructure.
- Contribute creative ideas and solutions to solve problems without sacrificing security.
- Assist with daily and continuous monitoring of all servers located within our public and private cloud infrastructures. In a timely manner, advise Infrastructure Manager of impending failures related to system capacity, resource consumption, application or network configuration, and data security.Assist with daily and continuous monitoring of all servers located within our public and private cloud
- Work with Development to investigate, identify, and resolve issues related to performance or functionality of custom applications.
- Respond to tickets, resolving issues in a timely manner with respect to priority and other tasks at hand, and escalate issues to Infrastructure Manager as necessary.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager, IT Compliance Analyst, and Systems Security Administrator to ensure public cloud complies with all MOBI security policies and compliance regulations.
- Identify and report any potential issues with package upgrades. Communicate any outages or customer impacting issues effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation; 30 minute response time required to acknowledge page and begin working to resolve the issue, providing timely updates to management and customers.
- Participate in monthly and OOB (out-of-band) maintenance windows as necessary.
MOBI is a young and aggressively growing company headquartered on the northwest side of Indianapolis. We combine the power of service-minded people with user friendly technology to help our clients manage their mobility programs. We define our purpose to our customers as being their relentless ally in the world of mobility. We strive daily to be viewed as a trusted advisor to our clients, and seek to foster a relationship of open communication and collaboration.
Team MOBI is made up of 300+ full time employees, all from various departments including customer service/operations, account management, web development, accounting, expense management, logistics, marketing and sales. Our employees choose MOBI for a variety of reasons. These are a few:
- Great Hours
We offer a consistent Monday through Friday work schedule, plus 6 paid holidays and 15 days of paid time off year one, adding more days the longer you are here!
- Competitive pay and benefits
Our employees enjoy a generous base salary plus a variety of benefits including health, dental and vision, insurance, plus 401k.
- Team environment
The MOBI team is built upon an informal and open culture. We actively encourage all members to bring and share their ideas
- Corporate Culture
Take a moment to check out our Facebook Page and you will see what we mean. We value smart, creative, hard working people. Together we create an awesome work environment
- Career path
Many companies say they promote from within, but at MOBI we live it. We are enjoying tremendous growth, and that has equated to great promotion opportunity within our company
- Core values
We strive every day to embody our core values: Pay Attention, Own It, Work Together, Expect Change and Respect People. Having common goals and values help us to stay focused on what is important.
- MOBI is different!
A quick virtual tour of our office shows that we take the balance between work and play very seriously. Whether your antidote to stress is a massage chair, ping-pong match, playing video games or sinking a putt on our indoor putting green, we have you covered!