Job Opening. Ruby on Rails, Software Development Engineer
Ability to work within Indianapolis’s most young and aggressively growing company.
- Winner of Techpoint’s 2016 Mira Award for Company Culture of the Year
- Recognized as an Indiana Best Place to Work in 2016
- USA Today’s Great Place to Work certified in 2016
MOBI is looking for their next Ruby on Rails Expert!!!!
This position requires experience, a knack for learning new technologies, and a proven track record of putting out fires. Candidates MUST understand the concepts of object-oriented programming. Primary responsibility is to develop, document and support custom applications using Ruby on Rails. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise in defining and refining requirements, as well as providing custom development thgouth an entire project lifecycle. Must have professional web application development experience, preferably in an MVC framework using Ruby, PHP or Python.
About Our Tech
Ruby 2, Rails 4
64 unicorns (which we refer to as a herd, or “miracle”, of unicorns) for our largest application
Load-balanced server architecture with redundant application, background job, DB and fileshare servers (supported by a legit sys-admin)
A number of monitoring tools – Nagios, Splunk, Airbrake, NewRelic, etc.
- Develop quality, maintainable software that conforms to department standards and code style
- Ensure delivered code has appropriate unit test coverage
- Verify delivered software meets acceptance criteria
- Produce and update team technical documentation as needed
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in team tools, programming languages and frameworks
- Complete assigned projects within the timeline defined by the team lead
- Identify and present ideas for application improvements
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations on software development best practices
- Advise on design architecture for development projects
- Provide mentorship and training to members of the team
- Review team members’ code submissions
- Participate in daily team project update meetings
MOBI is a young and aggressively growing company headquartered on the northwest side of Indianapolis. We combine the power of service-minded people with user friendly technology to help our clients manage their mobility programs. We define our purpose to our customers as being their relentless ally in the world of mobility. We strive daily to be viewed as a trusted advisor to our clients, and seek to foster a relationship of open communication and collaboration.
Team MOBI is made up of 300+ full time employees, all from various departments including customer service/operations, account management, web development, accounting, expense management, logistics, marketing and sales. Our employees choose MOBI for a variety of reasons. These are a few:
- Great Hours
We offer a consistent Monday through Friday work schedule, plus 6 paid holidays and 15 days of paid time off year one, adding more days the longer you are here!
- Competitive pay and benefits
Our employees enjoy a generous base salary plus a variety of benefits including health, dental and vision, insurance, plus 401k.
- Team environment
The MOBI team is built upon an informal and open culture. We actively encourage all members to bring and share their ideas
- Corporate Culture
Take a moment to check out our Facebook Page and you will see what we mean. We value smart, creative, hard working people. Together we create an awesome work environment
- Career path
Many companies say they promote from within, but at MOBI we live it. We are enjoying tremendous growth, and that has equated to great promotion opportunity within our company
- Core values
We strive every day to embody our core values: Pay Attention, Own It, Work Together, Expect Change and Respect People. Having common goals and values help us to stay focused on what is important.
- MOBI is different!
A quick virtual tour of our office shows that we take the balance between work and play very seriously. Whether your antidote to stress is a massage chair, ping-pong match, playing video games or sinking a putt on our indoor putting green, we have you covered!