MOBI User-Interface Designers Create a New End-User Dashboard in the MOBI Portal.
The key to employee productivity is empowerment. As the old adage goes, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Here at MOBI, we are in a constant pursuit of empowering our customer’s employees. Instead of fish, we help organizations and their employees efficiently manage mobility.
Studies show that on average, enterprise employees conduct as many as three support activities for each mobile device they use for work in a given year. Consider the notion that many employees carry multiple devices (smartphones, tablets, data cards, etc.), un-assisted support activities can take over 45 minutes to complete, and that most large organizations have device counts in the thousands. Under these circumstances, an organization with 10,000 devices is at risk of losing 22,500 hours of employee productivity in just one year. That equates to over 2,800 full working days of employee productivity lost.
Losing 22,500 hours is a lot. Because of this, we’re continually taking steps to reduce employee downtime. Through the help of our account specialists, a.k.a. support gurus, MOBI customer organizations already experience a much lower rate of employee downtime. On top of the assistance coming from MOBI account specialists, MOBI has developed an incredibly robust and easy to use portal, so enterprise employees can self-serve their unique mobility management needs.
Today, we’re excited to announce a new enterprise employee (end-user) dashboard in the portal that makes it even easier and faster for enterprise employees to complete required mobility management activities. With this update, there are several features that streamline the use of the MOBI portal:
- MOBI Device Bar - End-users with multiple devices can manage all of their devices in one place.
- ‘I Want To…’ Drop Down Menu - End-users can quickly take action regarding their device or service plan from a menu that is automatically generated based on popularity of use (based by company), or configured by an administrator.
- Activity Newsfeed - End-users are presented with their latest activity history and are color-coded by urgency if action is necessary.
- FAQs & Help Showcase - A relevant and curated list of FAQs that apply to the user’s specific group or role are presented to each user.
- Dashboard Settings - Administrators can quickly and easily choose which FAQs, Activities, or Line Restricted Attributes are displayed.
Interested in learning more about MOBI’s new end-user dashboard? Click the PDF image above to download an overview with more detail.