Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto
Posted on May 18, 2017 by Matt Louden
If you follow tech news at all, you’ve probably seen or heard something about job-stealing robots. While we could all use a little more time away from work, don’t expect EmployeeBot 3000 to be sitting behind your desk anytime soon. Companies aren’t using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to get rid of workers—they’re using it to make work easier for them.
We’re still a long way away from robot workers becoming the norm. Even early automation adopters understand the value of human interaction and are using this technology to refocus their workforce, not replace it. Helping your employees understand and use AI and machine learning comes with substantial benefits:
Minimized Employee Burnout
Organizations can use intelligent technology tools to automate mundane tasks and take them off employees’ plates entirely, increasing job satisfaction and quality of work.[tweet]
In enterprise mobility support, 74% of employees are at risk of burnout—30% face severe risks. Repetitive, low-complexity tasks can quickly lead to apathy and a lack of satisfaction from your program professionals, which means poorer results and slower resolution times.
Organizations can use intelligent technology tools to automate mundane tasks and take them off employees’ plates entirely, increasing job satisfaction and quality of work.
Happier customers create workers who feel more necessary and fulfilled.[tweet]
AI reveals the best possible solutions, allowing employees to respond consistently and efficiently to challenges. With intelligent technology, workforces have never been more capable of responding to and resolving issues.
Faster, high-quality answers can also make your customers happier. And happier customers create workers who feel more necessary and fulfilled.
Intuitive business knowledge and human perception are much better used when contemplating big-picture strategies.[tweet]
In addition to minimizing burnout, making intelligent technology responsible for mindless, labor-intensive tasks empowers your employees and renews their enterprise focus.
Intuitive business knowledge and human perception are much better used when contemplating big-picture strategies. Taking small distractions away from workers lets them take on these more important and enjoyable efforts.
Elimination of Errors
A consistent approach means no more misspellings or data input mistakes.[tweet]
Properly programmed AI makes your automated mobility workflows and processes error-free regardless of each dataset’s size, improving operating speed and accuracy.
By removing people from the equation, technology approaches each activity the same way and eliminates human error. A consistent approach means no more misspellings or data input mistakes.
Keep This in Mind
Because of all the recent robot speculation, it’s understandable when employees look past these benefits for fear of losing their livelihood. Here are five things your enterprise needs to remember if it wants to implement AI and machine learning successfully:
- You’re the expert – Even the best automation technology is just a tool. It’s your program, so make sure you’re constantly checking to ensure the tech’s doing what it’s supposed to do.
- Actions speak louder than words – Your mobility leaders need to do more than just teach employees about AI. Show them how it’s been used before and what it will help them accomplish to get everyone on board.
- Fill your bandwagon from top to bottom – You can’t expect employee buy-in unless executives and program leadership is 100% behind automation as well.
- Open minds and doors simultaneously – There’s going to be pushback. Let employees know they need to trust AI and machine learning, even if it goes against traditional thinking.
- Technology can’t do it alone – While automation speeds up decision-making, it doesn’t eliminate the need for human interaction. Technology complements strategic thinking; it can’t do it for you.
A Mobility Management Platform that automates your program’s daily workflows and processes saves your business time and money. Want to see ours in action? Talk to one of our enterprise mobility experts and schedule your custom tour today.